Tuesday, April 7, 2015

TP-CASTT Reflection: Mirror

1)       When I first read the poem I thought it was easy to follow along because of the language used.  But I didn't really understand what was going on with mirror and how it connected to humans and it's reflection.  I had thought that the mirror was telling a story of it's own, explaining it's part of the story.  After reading the poem a second time using the TP-CASTT, I started to pick up on more details about the mirror, such as it's claim that it only reflects the truth.  But I was still confused about the second part of the poem where the mirror became a lake and always looked forward to seeing the woman that always looked in.  At the end it revealed that the woman had drowned a young girl which I think is her and the mirror said that it could see her age day by day.

2)      Most of the questions were really confusing but mostly because of the way they were worded.  The questions that I understood asked about the tone of certain lines in the poem, what a word means based on the context, and what a certain line suggests.  Anything that asked about the relationship between two lines, purpose of repetition, or addressing the structure of the poem, I was unsure about.  I definitely need help on understanding the language used in poetry and similar problems that address the purpose of repetition and structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment